Friday, February 26, 2010

A Little Bit Of Resolve

As I've mentioned in a few recent posts, I moved recently. The new apartment rocks, but whoever repainted the apartment before our arrival was not very good about cleaning up paint dribbles. Our bedroom carpet had paint stains all over it when we moved in. I say "had" because I spent a good hour on my hands and knees today cutting that dried paint off the carpet with a razor blade. My left thumb took a little cut from the razor blade and I left a few blood droplets on the carpet. No big deal as we have a trusty bottle of Resolve Carpet Cleaner handy for just these type of situations.

As I was spraying the blood stains with Resolve, I started singing the Foo Fighters song "Resolve" from their excellent In Your Honor album to myself and it got me wondering if the Foos might have ever been approached to license their song for use in said product's commercials. The first line of the chorus ("A little bit of resolve is what I need now") on a loop while some happy housewife cleaned up mud or fruit juice or something of that nature off the carpet while her goofy kid and shaggy sheepdog looked on would work perfectly.

My god I am a genius. I should go work for an ad agency.

[For the record, I sincerely doubt Dave Grohl and Co. would ever allow their song to be used to sling carpet cleaner. Unless of course for some reason they were tremendous fans of the product which would be unlikely because I don't think anyone is that enthusiastic about carpet cleaner...besides the creators and manufacturers of it of course.]

No comments: