Thursday, February 25, 2010

Excuse To Eat Popcorn and Junior Mints: The Wolfman

I just got back from seeing The Wolfman and while I didn't think it was the worst movie I've ever seen, it definitely was not worth the time or money. The fact that the only other people in the theater were two assholes who insisted on talking to one another the entire time (and one of their cell phones went off as well) did not help to enhance my enjoyment of the movie either. At least they were gracious enough to whisper their conversation. How two adult men do not understand the concept of not talking during a movie is beyond me. Manners 101 people. Well, karma will certainly bite them in their rude asses someday.

As for the movie, well if you can't figure out what The Wolfman is about from the title and the movie poster, then....

I've never been a fan of monster movies, so while this had some nice gore, it didn't really hold my attention. If you are a big fan of the classic monsters like werewolves, mummies, Frankenstein, Dracula and the lot, then this is probably up your alley. If monster flicks aren't your thing, then stay away. I got sucked in because of the resume and pedigree of the actors involved, but ultimately it is about the story and the story was just not that interesting to me.

No comments: