Thursday, February 25, 2010

I'm Not Going To Cop Out On Hot Tub Time Machine

Coming back from The Wolfman in such a bad mood due to rude movie patrons and in general being underwhelmed by the movie, I had forgotten that I had picked up the above button at the ticket counter when I bought my ticket (a magnet would have been much cooler...like I'm really going to wear that button on any of my jackets). Now The Wolfman may have sucked, but I am supremely confident that the above advertised comedy will be one of two upcoming movies that will not suck.

First, Cop Out. How could a buddy cop comedy starring Bruce Willis and Tracy Morgan not be funny? They would have to go out of their way to screw it up. And love him or hate him, Sean William Scott is always solid. Throw in Kevin "Too Fat To Fly" Smith directing and you've got a winner.



Second, Hot Tub Time Machine. "Four guy friends, all of them bored with their adult lives, travel back to their respective 80s heydays thanks to a time-bending hot tub." Sure, that description sounds like something you might see on Showtime at 4am on a Tuesday, but then again look at the cast: John Cusack, Rob Corddry, Craig Robinson (Darryl from "The Office"), Crispin Glover (?!?!) and Chevy Chase. This movie has fantastic potential and the preview looks awesome (of course previews can be misleading, but sometimes they are spot on and I think this one will wind up being the latter and not the former).

No comments: