Thursday, March 25, 2010

Quoth Me, 'Hell Yes, New Nevermore!'

I've been a huge fan of Seattle's Nevermore since I first heard their 2000 release Dead Heart In A Dead World. That album and Dreaming Neon Black are my two favorite albums by them, but everything they've put out is pretty solid in my opinion. If you've never heard them, then imagine Queensryche going thrash metal and you've got a decent idea of what you are in for.

Nevermore's last album, This Godless Endeavor was released in 2005. It has been a long wait for new music from them (although singer Warrel Dane put out a surprisingly good solo record in 2008), so I was quite happy to see an announcement today that they will be releasing their new album The Obsidian Conspiracy on June 8th. The press release says that it "could be their most impressive offering of their illustrious decade plus, heralded career", but hubristic claims like that are standard for new album press releases and should always be taken with a grain of salt. That being said, as I mentioned above I like everything they have put out, so I expect the record will be at least good. The below teaser has a 30 second snippet of a song and it sounds pretty thrashtastic:



While we wait until June 8th for the album to be released (or for it to leak on the internet next week), here are some songs from previous albums:

"Believe In Nothing"



"Enemies Of Reality"



"Born"

No comments: