Monday, September 14, 2009

R.I.P. Patrick Swayze

As anyone with a Facebook or Twitter account knows by now, Patrick Swayze passed away today. I'm glad that he isn't suffering anymore because from the sounds of it, he was having a pretty tough battle with Pancreatic cancer. It is still sad to see him go though. By all accounts, he was a pretty decent guy and he certainly had a lot of huge Hollywood hits under his belt. Whether or not you are a fan, there is no denying the pop culture impact films like Dirty Dancing, Ghost, Point Break, Red Dawn and Road House have had. Road House is one of my favorite movies of all time and I certainly plan on watching it this week in tribute to him. I'll admit to having never seen Dirty Dancing or Ghost all the way through (I did just add them to my Netflix queue though), but The Outsiders, Red Dawn, Point Break and the aforementioned Road House are some of my favorite movies. And we cannot forget his magnificent comedic turn in the Chippendales skit on Saturday Night Live with the late, great Chris Farley.

God Bless Patrick Swayze and have a beer in honor of our favorite cooler, Dalton, this week.







No comments: