Thursday, June 24, 2010

Fifteen (plus one) Records I Missed In 2009

I wind up reading a lot of other people's best of music lists at the end of every year and am inevitably influenced to buy a bunch of albums from said lists. Some I wind up kicking myself for not having discovered earlier, some I think are just OK and the rest I find to be forgettable or downright awful. Below is a list of fifteen (plus one) records released in 2009 that I wound up kicking myself for not having discovered until the year was over (in alphabetical order):

1. Amesoeurs – s/t


3. Asphyx – Death…The Brutal Way

4. Band Of Skulls – Baby Darling Doll Face Honey

5. Black Anvil – Time Insults The Mind 

6. Cobalt – Gin 

7. The Eulogies – Here Anonymous 

8. Evile – Infected Nations 


10. The Horrors – Primary Colours 

11. Magrudergrind – s/t 


13. Shining – VI / Klagopsalmer 

14. The Veils – Sun Gangs 

15. Voivod – Infini 

16. We Were Promised Jetpacks – These Four Walls

No comments: