Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Ear Candy: Them Crooked Vultures











I admit to only having heard around 9o (non-consecutive) seconds of Them Crooked Vultures' music, but I just can't believe that a band consisting of Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters, Nirvana, Probot), Josh Homme (Queens of the Stone Age, Kyuss) and John Paul Jones (Led Zeppelin) is not going to be at least pretty good. I'm guessing even seasoned rockers (and future Rock Gods) Grohl and Homme are feeling pretty starstruck jamming with JPJ, but I also bet his presence is helping them elevate their playing to incredible new levels. I can't wait to hear Grohl's drumming on this record as you know he is probably going for a total John Bonham-esque performance. If it is anything like what he did on QOTSA's "Songs For The Deaf", then we are in for a treat.

Check out the brief video below with some very cool sounding riffage playing over a montage of clips of the band recording/hanging in the studio.

No comments: