Tuesday, December 8, 2009

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell 1966-2004

There isn't really much to say that hasn't already been said about the untimely and tragic murder of Dimebag Darrell. Pantera's Cowboys From Hell, Vulgar Display Of Power and Far Beyond Driven were a huge part of the soundtrack of my youth and remain some of my favorite albums of all time. I feel blessed to have seen them perform live multiple times and not to brag (well, ok maybe a little bit), but was especially lucky to be afforded the opportunity to watch them from the side of the stage on a couple Ozzfest dates in 2000. I never actually got to meet Dime on that tour, but by all accounts he was nothing short of being the salt of the Earth. His murder on December 8, 2004 impacted the metal community with a force equal to that of John Lennon's senseless murder on popular music fans back in 1980 on the same exact day. May they both rest in peace and their music live on forever.

"Walk"



"The Art Of Shredding"



"Cemetery Gates"



"I'm Broken"



"5 Minutes Alone"



"This Love"

No comments: