Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Running With Pop Punk

This morning I woke up with a cold trying to settle in and thought it would be a good idea to hit the treadmill and see if I could sweat it out of my system. The jury is still out on whether it is ultimately going to have proved helpful or useless, but I did get a chance to hear two pop punk gems that I haven't heard in a long time.

I have an 80GB iPod and a 160GB one. I use the 80GB when I exercise and it is basically all metal and punk rock songs with the occasional random band outside of those genres thrown in, so I normally just hit shuffle and see what happens. This morning was dominated by metal (got no less than three Between The Buried And Me songs within the 60 minutes I ran), but mixed in with all that metal was two personal favorite pop punk songs of mine: Blink 182's "Josie" and MXPX's "Chick Magnet".

I've had a soft spot for pop punk since I first discovered Blink 182's Dude Ranch and while I don't like the majority of pop punk bands, Blink and MXPX are definitely two personal favorites. Going to have dust off some of their albums and give them a listen in the near future.



No comments: